After much deliberation about the future of Tophour last fall, including the twice discarded decision to shut ‘er down, I came up with a five point plan to make sure that Toppy would continue to follow the path that it should:
1. Find someone to help out.
Done. Lou has stepped in and kicked ass.
2. Redesign the thing to be easier to run.
Done. Christina stepped in and kicked design ass.
3. Make all files conform to standards.
Done. Doing so kicked my ass.
4. Continue pimping for audio contributions and post within 72 hours.
Working on it, which leads to our problematic friend…
5. Tophour finally has a dedicated PC in the office, now remove self from couch and post all the stuff people have sent.
- Our couch is so uncomfortable that it hasn’t been sat on by anybody in literally months, and…
- The dedicated PC is my wife’s old Pentium II which has no CD burner. Therefore, until the one I’ve bought gets installed, there’s no backing up the e-mailed contributions to the site. No big deal, unless…
The hard drive crashed and took all the IDs that people have e-mailed with it.
The drive’s with a geek now trying to rescue all the data, but it’s not looking good (you should have heard all the scraping).
I hate to ask, but if you’ve sent me anything that hasn’t appeared on the site yet, can you go through your Sent Mail folder and re-send? Please send to this address:
In fact, if you’ve sent something that’s appeared since the relaunch (that’s you, Steve, Frank, Scott, Aaron and Bob) please resend that stuff too.
We’re moving to the GMail setup because with the gi-normous storage capacity, all the files can sit on the server indefinitely in case of an accident like, say, this one.
Beat me up all you like in “Comments.”