Slowly but surely, I’m settling into my new surroundings in the area where I now live, about 20 miles south of the Birmingham city limits. And this week, I present some new IDs from the Birmingham area:
- 610 WAGG – Heaven 610, a Cox Southern Gospel station (yes, even Cox has Southern Gospel here in Birmingham), makes it Tophour debut.
- 690 WJOX – Jox 690: The Sports Monster is a Citadel sports-talker. Any station where the football season never ends is alright in my book.
- 97.7 WHPH – 97.7 The Peach is a tweener as far as markets go, falling between Birmingham and Montgomery. But thanks to a recent Construction Permit upgrade (and a new city of license of Jemison, AL), it now has city-grade status all the way up to the edge of Alabaster, where I live. I’m placing it in the Birmingham market for the purpose of this site.
- 99.5 WZRR – I’m officially getting old when Nirvana and the Stone Temple Pilots are getting airplay on a classic rock station.
- 100.5 WRAX – This excellent modern rocker has a rather awkward name (“The X at 100.5”) and is stuck on a weak signal (compared to its former home at 107.7), but fortunately for me the 100.5 stick is located to the south of the city.