The five ID’s here have one thing in common: Tuning your radio dial in any of these cities will yield something completely different from what you hear here. Disregarding geography, we’ll take the lineup left to right on your radio dial.
- A neat sung ID from Oldies KODJ/Los Angeles (now Adult Hits KCBS-FM)
- WENS/Indianapolis when it was “Real 97.1.” (now Country WLHK)
- WBUS/Chicago (now Adult Hits WRZA)
- A really neat ID from WQFE/Indianapolis. How many stations these days have songs about the radio station itself? (now Classic Rock WKLU)
- WEXI/Fort Wayne (now Adult Hits WXKE)
I think it’s interesting how Adult Hits (I’ll resist using the “J” word) has become today’s fad format. Some say Adult Hits is the safe way of saying the “O” word (“oldies” ). Will the format survive? In some markets, yes. In some markets, no.
That’s all for me for this week.